Reader/ Researcher on Athlone Today News
In this role, one reads information live on weekdays at 1 pm to 2 pm on the most recent, up to date developments in the area which was either written up by the reader or another researcher. Athlone Today News is community based information with a light hearted story to round up this segment.
- A genuine interest in radio
- A broad range of interests, e.g., current affairs, community developments & culture
- Communication skills
- Foundation of interviewing skills
- Basic MS Office skills
- Writing skills
- Ability to think on the spot
- Background research skills
- Preparation skills
- Willingness to follow broadcasting law
- Clear voice/speech.
- Performance skills
- Personable & confident manner
- The confidence and the ability to sell yourself
- Team-working skills
- Problem-solving skills
A starting volunteer receives initial training on the job and supporting manuals depending on their role; additional QQI level training based on volunteers’ needs and interests may be provided depending on matching specific funding criteria.
Remote participation, full or partial, is possible after learning the skills required for the position and consultations with the supervisor.
Contact Us :
If you are interested please contact our Volunteer Coordinator : Alzbeta Hajdinova at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (090) 64 0722.