The Orange Door
The Orange Door
The Orange Door takes its title from the distinctive front door of “Making Space”, the multimedia arts collective which burst onto the Athlone scene a few short years ago.
The assembly of local artists who have come through “The Orange Door” is both surprising and inspirational, and their stories make for exciting radio, so tune in to “The Orange Door” on “For Art’s Sake”, Wednesday evenings from 6-7 on Athlone Community Radio 88.4FM.
- Produced and Researched by Erca Follows-Smith
- Presented by Catherine Ivers
- Sound Production by Kyle McAllen
- Sound Production Assistant – Johnny Gunning
- Music was written and performed by Trish Nolan.
- Episode 1, The Making Space Collective Athlone with Rose Finnerty and members of the MakingSpace Collective Athlone.
- Episode 2 – The Poets with Caroline Coyle and Poetry in the Park.
- Episode 3 – The Children’sÂ Author with Louise Shanagher of “Lou Lou Rose” and A Healing Breeze.
- Episode 4 – The Storytellers with Karen Goode, Eugene McGivern, the Shannon Storytellers and all at Flannery’s Bar.
- Episode 5 – The Musicians with Trish Nolan, Amanda Gunning and the Open Mike at Flannery’s Bar
- Episode 6 – The Creative Writers with Justyna Kosmulska the Word Play Creative Writers at the MakingSpace Athlone Studios
- Episode 7 – The Play Write with Jason Gill in the company of Martin Kelleher, Geraldine O’Sullivan and Robbie Mulvey at the Sheraton Hotel, Athlone
- The Finale – The Luan Gallery Expert Panel Discussion
Many thanks to Paul Gill, panel host, Rosemarie Langtry, Making Space Collective, Athlone. Louise Shannagher, Aedin McGinn Assistant Manager and Curator of the Luan Gallery, Athlone and Heritage. Miriam Mulrennan, Arts Officer, Westmeath County Council, John McGrath – The President of the Chamber of Commerce, Athlone. Sinead Shine, Lecturer of Art, Moate Business College.
Funded by the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland with the television licence fee.
Find the full series here: